Do you remember the day that Aaron Russo killed the IRS?



The End of The IRS

Do you remember the day that Aaron Russo killed the IRS?
Sheldon Cohen, former commissioner, was indeed very well dressed.
Yet haughty and ill prepared for Russo’s questions piercing like a sword.
Cohen, at first star-struck, later begins to question, ‘Is this an interview I can afford?’

He breaks into a cold sweat realizing what he had done
Was it the alcohol, I thought this interview was just for fun?
Things are starting to get serious, I’m talking myself into a hole.
Frantic now Cohen realizes that he has lost any and all self-control.

Eureka! Let’s pretend that I have won and declare the Supreme Court frivolous!
With my lawyer-like mind the delusions of grandeur have become simply limitless.
The plebs will buy it--they’ll eat it right up,
Now wait just one minute………
on second thought, I had better shut the hell up.

The End....
of the IRS
by Casey Lee Cobb